What is DVswitch?
DVswitch is a digital video mixer intended for interactive live mixing of several incoming DV video streams.
Above you see the main mixer screen and 4 live sources: audio, presenter, audience, projector.
It was originally designed for the needs of DebConf. It has now been used for various other conferences, meetings and live musical performances.
Currently DVswitch can combine audio from one source with video from another and can combine two video streams with a picture-in-picture effect. Further mixing effects are planned. It works solely with the DV format since it is widely supported by camcorders and it allows for low latency display and cutting.
If you want to see videos made with DVswitch, go to examples
Download from Alioth. Or, if you're running Debian unstable, "apt-get install dvswitch".
Then see the README file (doc/README or /usr/share/doc/dvswitch/README.gz).
Docs - Overviews and tutorials for Producing videos
- Project information - Source code, feature requests, issue tracker, etc.
- Git repository: browse or clone from git://git.debian.org/git/dvswitch/dvswitch.git
- The stable branch is '0.8.x'
- The 'master' (development) branch requires the liveMedia library, version 2010.01.15 or later
- Mailing list
- IRC: #dvswitch on irc.debian.org
- To-do list
- Build a TallyLight
All wikis are supposed to have a SandBox, so this one does too.
This wiki is powered by ikiwiki.